Tuesday 8 May 2012

Cat amongst the....

...crows in this case :) While I'm still settling into my new pad here in Scarborough I've pulled out some of my favourite photos to work on. That had to include this glorious out-take from last years crow sessions.


I'm thinking of using my new favourite pencils, Wolffs carbon, for the cat as it is a fantastic velvety black and slightly softer so it should give me the fuzzy focus I'm after. The crows will be picked out in charcoal to give a harder edge and, believe it or not, a different kind of black :)

I'm also tempted to do this in two sizes- 3 x 4" and 6 x 8" partly because I like working in miniature and partly because I think a smaller version would work well with the exisiting crow drawings already on sale in my Etsy store.


I'm hoping to be working on this at the weekend- will keep you posted :)

2 comments:

  1. Lovely artwork!!!! Would love to see the finished product with the kitty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou :) Posting these things here means I have to get on with it now lol :)

    ReplyDelete