Monday 20 August 2012

Puppy love

I've been busy the last week with a custom piece- the first pet portrait I've done in many years. I rather went off the idea after struggling with a lot of very fuzzy photos taken by proud owners so I insisted on seeing the image first.


However, when confronted by this little face, I couldn't really say no :) You'll have to excuse the image being a little dark- he was being shipped to New York asap so I only had time to take a quick snap myself of the finished piece.

He was done as usual in charcoal pencil on Langton watercolour paper, the drawn area is about 8" square. The white whiskers were picked out with a scalpel blade after the background had been filled in.

I've just heard he's arrived safely across the pond so am waiting for news from his new owner :)

No comments:

Post a Comment